Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Time for a fuel cell!

(Don't actually do this. A real fuel cell requires maintenance. A plastic dirt-track fuel cell is a fiery death waiting to happen.)
I have toyed with the idea of a tank in the back where the spare once resided, and fill it through the bed floor. Definitely don't want a race type cell taking up space in the bed, it's already bad enough having to toss a spare tire back there. I do have to try and find a 17" space saver spare at some point. I've seen a thread on here about it somewhere.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea of a tank in the back where the spare once resided, and fill it through the bed floor. Definitely don't want a race type cell taking up space in the bed, it's already bad enough having to toss a spare tire back there. I do have to try and find a 17" space saver spare at some point. I've seen a thread on here about it somewhere.
Spare goes in the bed! It’s classy!

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats definitely not a word that has EVER been used to describe me!!!! Lol
Could do like my dad did back in the day and bolt it to the front bumper!!!!
All mine end up there. I might keep the GMC’s spare in the OE location. Haven’t decided. Did belltech get back to you?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's even classier is the spare mounted up on the left side step. You would have to notch the left fender. With a little cutting and welding you could move the gas door back behind the left fender or just cut a hole and insert a grommet and have the filler pipe stick up with a chrome gas cap like they did it in the 40's and 50's.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All mine end up there. I might keep the GMC’s spare in the OE location. Haven’t decided. Did belltech get back to you?
They did, last message was "well that's the one that's supposed to work". I think I may have the fab shop here at work make me a new one. Will explore that when their boss gets back from holidays. One of my coworker had them make him some for his old Chevy Impala. Lots of "govt jobs get done here". Machine shop just build a hydraulic pump for another coworkers tractor. Was made in Russia so he couldn't get a replacement.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's even classier is the spare mounted up on the left side step. You would have to notch the left fender. With a little cutting and welding you could move the gas door back behind the left fender or just cut a hole and insert a grommet and have the filler pipe stick up with a chrome gas cap like they did it in the 40's and 50's.

That's not quite the look I'm going for, but thanks for playing!!!! Lol

Edit....I think I came off a little snarky there...but I genuinely LOL'd

Last edited: