Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
A little something something followed me home from a visit to @Sean Buick 76 today!!
Believe it's a GT45.
Not installing it anytime soon, I don't think! Lol
Lots of research, planning and picking up knick-knaks and knowledge along the way. I would say tentatively scheduled for next winter.

Borrowed a few pullers to yank the balancer off so I can finish up the teardown of the engine.
Plan on pulling a main cap off and taking a boo at the bearing.

And I have something planned for the truck itself, just not sure I'll have time, so don't wanna promise something I can't deliver on! Lol

It's a three day weekend, so should be able to pound a few things out.
And so it begins....bahahahahaaaa ... Awesome.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took the front stuff off finally.
That balancer pulley was a SOB. My impact wouldn't break it loose even after heating it up really good. Thankfully the vampire in my basement had just woken from his slumber and was able to help.

Had him hold the pulley still with a 5ft long 1" steel bar I somehow managed to get from my dad and not give back. Heated it up again, and a 2ft breaker bar and minimal effort it came out.

That was the easy part.

Then it was pulley time. The 3 jaw I borrowed, the bolt wasn't really long enough. So I used one of the vampire's sockets to help extend it. Why screw mine up right? Lol
It fought for a bit then it did the right thing and fell to the floor. Nice.
I saw on YouTube University to cut the factory bolt and run it in a bit to help have something to push against if you don't have the "right " puller. It worked.

The timing chain I suspect is due for replacement, it moves quite a bit. May as well.

And yes, I aligned it dot to dot before I removed it! Lol

And that's it. Put it away and will now hopefully enjoy some family time for the evening.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
#Hemi life!!!!
FML!!!

That ain't right!!! Lol
Woman leaves a note in my hat (keys, smokes) yesterday morning saying she's taking my 2020 as the Megacab is making a loud ticking.
Ok, go fire it up and damn.... she wasn't over reacting.

Now it is one of two things, lifters or manifold bolts. Well I think I figured it out. Damn. I'm glad I have a welder as that seems to be the ticket to removing these things. But now I have to source bolts and gaskets.
Didn't bother looking at the other side, they will all get done.

Now here is where it gets stupid.
Woman borrowed her Journey to the oldest back in January as her car was just no longer reliable. Almost as much oil as gas, not joking. And she's been dragging ass on getting something "new". And I get it, used prices are stupid and everyone lies in their ads.
So woman has been using this as her daily since then. That's ok, short trips in town, occasionally to the city. It has a vibration that comes on at 100km hr and goes away at 110.
Pull front driveshaft and it goes away, cool, send it in for rebuild. They say it's fine, balances good and send it back. Install it again, nope.

Anyway.

My 2020 has been shifting a bit funny lately so I need to get it in before warranty is up. And drivers mirror is acting all funky as well.
So woman is taking it in Tuesday.

Boys truck is down, his buddies dad is "working" on it, for a few weeks now. So he's been riding his motorcycle to work, cool. Unless it's raining, then he takes the Megacab and woman has to bug her mom for a ride. Pretty stupid when HER vehicle is perfectly fine, just not at our house.
But our grandson who is two, woke up a week ago saying "uncle dead, motorbike crash white car" to his mom (oldest daughter) so that freaks her out, woman freaks out, so boy has been driving the Megacab for a week unbenonst to me. That's MY spare truck, and woman has been walking to work.

Anyway, woman texts daughter last night and says we need the Journey back. Well all hell explodes. "We can't afford a vehicle right now, how am I getting to work....blah blah."
Girl...you had like 8 months to figure this **** out. Call a friggin cab, we don't care.
So loooooooong story short, I'm taking my GM to work this week as the weather is looking good, no rain....yet. My daily is going in Tuesday, unknown timeline. Megacab is parked until I get what I need including time, and the boy either has to ride or beg his uncle to borrow his spare truck. And woman's vehicle is coming back tonight or tomorrow, that's going to be a fun time. Lol
Ya...good times! Lol