Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$108.65 CAD is currently $80.56 US. You're not paying any more markup than we are, unless your sales tax is more than the 9.5% I'm paying.
No provincial sales tax here, just the 5% Federal GST. Plus whatever shipping is.
I'll most likely do the truck norris cam, and those springs. And that would be around $800 shipped I believe.

GrimsterGMC

Thunder from "Down Under"
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No provincial sales tax here, just the 5% Federal GST. Plus whatever shipping is.
I'll most likely do the truck norris cam, and those springs. And that would be around $800 shipped I believe.
"No provincial sales tax here, just the 5% Federal GST."
Mate, you should feel lucky, we are paying 15% GST on every transaction.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"No provincial sales tax here, just the 5% Federal GST."
Mate, you should feel lucky, we are paying 15% GST on every transaction.
We are "lucky" we only do 5%, other provinces change PST on top of GST, like another 7% or so in some of them. That's why we joke that B.C. stands for "bring cash" in British Columbia.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did look at the Z28's, but they are good to .550 lift. But the cams I'm look at are between .552 and .585 lift. But sure like the price of those!! Lol
Remember that high lift cams put a lot of stress on all the other valve train components as well as more tendency to float. Inertia can be a *****! You know, the whole object in motion thing. Maybe do some research on porting and increasing airflow without having to lift the valves to the moon.

Last edited:

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Remember that high lift cams put a lot of stress on all the other valve train components as well as more tendency to float. Inertia can be a *****! You know, the whole object in motion thing. Maybe do some research on porting and increasing airflow with without having to lift the valves to the moon.
Oh ya....lots of research on my near future. Maybe a call/email.or two as well.
Gotta know when enough is enough.
Not building a full on race rig.....yet! Lol

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
A little something something followed me home from a visit to @Sean Buick 76 today!!
Believe it's a GT45.
Not installing it anytime soon, I don't think! Lol
Lots of research, planning and picking up knick-knaks and knowledge along the way. I would say tentatively scheduled for next winter.

Borrowed a few pullers to yank the balancer off so I can finish up the teardown of the engine.
Plan on pulling a main cap off and taking a boo at the bearing.

And I have something planned for the truck itself, just not sure I'll have time, so don't wanna promise something I can't deliver on! Lol

It's a three day weekend, so should be able to pound a few things out.

KansasOBS

Not Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
A little something something followed me home from a visit to @Sean Buick 76 today!!
Believe it's a GT45.
Not installing it anytime soon, I don't think! Lol
Lots of research, planning and picking up knick-knaks and knowledge along the way. I would say tentatively scheduled for next winter.

Borrowed a few pullers to yank the balancer off so I can finish up the teardown of the engine.
Plan on pulling a main cap off and taking a boo at the bearing.

And I have something planned for the truck itself, just not sure I'll have time, so don't wanna promise something I can't deliver on! Lol

It's a three day weekend, so should be able to pound a few things out.

You know you're going to have to gap your rings for that. You planning on tearing it down again in a year? Oh the project creep, lol.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know you're going to have to gap your rings for that. You planning on tearing it down again in a year? Oh the project creep, lol.
Lol....that discussion was had today.
If I pull.the pistons to do a new hone on the cylinder walls, then ya I'll gap the rings. Would be stupid not too if I'm that far into it.

If not, I'm just gonna keep the boost level down low, I believe the "magic" number is 8lbs or less, something like that. I'm not sure, LOTS of research to do.

And ya.. definitely has creeped a lot farther than I intended already!! Lol