Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's some info on your cruise. If you go with DBW, you won't need your mechanical set-up. The TAC module takes care of that for you. The VSS sends its' info to the PCM, which disseminates it to the speedo and TAC. Your cruise switch should be of the 4 wire variety and it will plug into the TAC, which in turn, controls your throttle body. If you go DBW, I don't know if the PCM info from the VSS will play nicely with your gauge cluster if your truck is 88-91. You can use the cluster from a 92-94 and the PCM just hard-wires directly to the cluster. Don't be confused by all the 2000ppm-4000ppm signal hoopla. It works as is. You'll just have to change the harness connector to mate with the newer cluster. If you get one with a tach, just have your programmer set the tach output from the PCM for an 8 cyl. signal. You'll have to boost the signal strength from a 12v source and add a 5k ohm pull-up resister. Worry about that later. Have we fried your brain yet? As the TV ads say "BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!" Just worry about the engine/trans for now, and get it in the truck
That's for that information. I believe that's what started my thinking of getting a new cluster, to use the DBW.
Brain not fried yet...been doing lots of research over the years, just didn't want to retain it all until I had one in my possession. Lots of different combos with lots of solutions to try and memorize.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More likely than not going with Mr Norris for sure, just debating going with the NSR one....no springs required. Just for the reason of not paying for springs ...but I'm sure I'll do the "right thing."
If you're putting in a bigger cam, replace the springs. If you break a valvespring you're gonna kiss a piston with the valve.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$80 worth of insurance.
You must be registered for see images attach
I wish it was $80!!!! Lol
Joys of living in Canada.
Even the $450 cams are pushing $600 here.
But @Sean Buick 76 sent me a link for and Elgin cam this morning, I'll take ake a look at the specs, but the price was $250 Canadian.
Price vs performance yet again.