Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’ll rent some sort of rotary device to clean the floor before I seal it.
Over the course of a few days I used a cheap mop to swish the muriatic acid around, then used another mop head to mop with clean water twice, and then used sponge rollers to apply paint. Of course, I used cheap floor paint, and not epoxy, so follow your product's instructions.

Last edited:

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the course of a few days I used a cheap mop to swish the muriatic acid around, then used another mop head to mop with clean water twice, and then used sponge rollers to apply paint. Of course, I used cheap floor paint, and not epoxy, so follow your product's instructions.
Are you pleased with results? I’d really rather not have to rent and transport a floor polisher.

I’ve pretty much decided on just using a sealer like Ghostshield, and not using paint or epoxy.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here's that Burb in Houston that is yours' Chevy brother....it just sits patiently in front of the house, until it's needed to haul people or things. Looks really clean and well preserved....

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_093143781_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231219_093143781_HDR.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20231219_093139489_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231219_093139489_HDR.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 8

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good.
Safety tip of the day.
Take a length of rope and tie your ladder off to a truss when you get up there. So in the off chance it tips over, it won't go far. And even just the mental aspect of knowing it's tied off will make you more comfortable up there.
Don't want you getting hurt just as your dream is coming to fruition!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looking good.
Safety tip of the day.
Take a length of rope and tie your ladder off to a truss when you get up there. So in the off chance it tips over, it won't go far. And even just the mental aspect of knowing it's tied off will make you more comfortable up there.
Very good idea! Good to use this one on tree trimming too....

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good.
Safety tip of the day.
Thanks.

I hadn't thought of tying off the ladder, but it makes sense. It would be fairly easy to rig something using climbing webbing or rope and a couple of carabiners. Simple to hook up and detach as I move the ladder.

Keeper

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good.
Safety tip of the day.
wait one damn second here. So you're not supposed to just grab the truss and hop the ladder over 2 feet when needed? hmmmm