Cheap Speaker Upgrades for 88-94 Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
OK, that's good to know!

I think I'm going to go for it, so I'll try to report back with any updates.

I'm also attempting to refurb the tape deck, and while the old belt still "works", it obviously needs to be replaced soon, so does anyone know what size I should get?

c

Great choice on those Infinities, you won't be disappointed.

I believe I ordered this assortment of belts straight from the China express.

Find the closest match to the one in your deck, a little shorter will be OK.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I never did follow up with you on that, so I take it those belts worked fine lol
Oh yeah. Hey, communication should be a two way street, I feel t'was I who dropped the ball. I should've reported back..

Any who, yep, I ended up losing the one belt which was a perfect fit and ended up using a smaller one. Tension is good, least in my case. The 2nd belt I tried resulted in a lot of noise from the deck and popped off within a few days. Tighter one has been going strong for months and dozens of tapes later.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great choice on those Infinities, you won't be disappointed.
I hope not! They're due to arrive today, and I'm eager to install them despite the heat wave!

I believe I ordered this assortment of belts straight from the China express.
OK. I actually ordered one of those a few months ago (or one similar to it) to repair an old Sony boombox I had found.

Find the closest match to the one in your deck, a little shorter will be OK.
OK. The original belt is probably stretched out from age, so a little shorter is actually probably a better match.

Of course, I'll have to get the eject mechanism working properly first. I had opened it up to regrease a few things (it was very crusty; no wonder it was having trouble!), but now when I put a tape in, it doesn't seat fully, and of course, it won't eject fully either without help, so something is out of place in the eject mechanism.

c

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I believe the eject mechanism is linked to the belt drive, so it could be that your belt is slipping. I lubed everything mechanical up with ATF, using a needle point pipette.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dunno about $40-60, but my pair of Infinity Kappa plates give me fantastic sound for their size, even with the factory system.
https ://www. amazon. com/dp/B07657R646

The forum keeps f-ing up the Amazon link.
I have these IK 4x6 plates on the stock HU and they are good.

They took some massaging to get them to fit though with the much bigger magnets. I had to heat up the HVAC ducts and squish them a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_9540.jpg
    IMG_9540.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9537.jpg
    IMG_9537.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9541.jpg
    IMG_9541.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 5

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol @Drunkcanuk clutch video. I about got sick when I saw the post prior to that

@OP don’t be cutting up your interior pieces! Those are not available new and can be hard to find used. Take your time and they will come out.