3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a stand up company, at least the one tech you were able to connect with. Any chance borgeson will refund you the box, or portion of it? Maybe sell it used to recoup some of your loss.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say Borgeson advertising that box for a 2500 is disingenuous since most 2500’s use the large bore 80mm and the Light Duty 2500’s using the smaller 70mm. If that was pointed out in their description, how many with 8600 gvwr 2500’s would buy that box?

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still say Borgeson advertising that box for a 2500 is disingenuous since most 2500’s use the large bore 80mm and the Light Duty 2500’s using the smaller 70mm. If that was pointed out in their description, how many with 8600 gvwr 2500’s would buy that box?

@Caman96, really really appreciate you sharing your deep dive on all the different
flavor GMT400 PS boxes. I was unaware of these different configurations, and quite possibly
would have ended up with a mismatched mess if/when I need to refresh my own PS setup.
This is exactly the kind of detailed info that attracted me to this forum in the first place. (!)

@fancyTBI, appreciate your willingness to share both the good & bad concerning your truck
build. No one likes to air the dirty laundry of their faithful traveling companion, but I have no
doubt that you will get this sorted out to a new/better than new driving experience. My 8-lugger
gives the driver a solid 'feel' & tracks well without needing constant corrections by the driver,
and I don't want to lose any of this across any corrective maintenance requiring parts replacement. (!)

:waytogo:

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found an OEM PS pump on eBay for $80 shipped. Even has the bracket that fastens to the manifold.

A pump rebuild is about $200 from Turn One. The box will be about $400. So for $600 + shipping I can have two quality rebuilt parts. The Borgeson was $500 + shipping.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found an OEM PS pump on eBay for $80 shipped. Even has the bracket that fastens to the manifold.

A pump rebuild is about $200 from Turn One. The box will be about $400. So for $600 + shipping I can have two quality rebuilt parts. The Borgeson was $500 + shipping.
I was considering a new edelman box for mine. That rebuild cost isn't much more, that might be a better option seeing all you've been through even with a new box. Reviews on redhead haven't been great lately either.

I might do the same, send them my pump an box, replace the lines an hydroboost while it's apart an have all that fresh too.