Bagged and bodied 99 c3500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Another question about running two tanks. Which option would be better

1. plumb each compressor to just one tank then have a line that just goes from that one to the other

2. Run one compressor to each tank then have a line that connects the two, or

3. Run each compressor to a t fitting and have both compressors directly filling both tanks.

In my mind options 1 and 2 have fewer connections and use less line, but I don't know if any of it would make a difference one way or another.

Thoughts are appreciated.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Another question about running two tanks. Which option would be better

1. plumb each compressor to just one tank then have a line that just goes from that one to the other

2. Run one compressor to each tank then have a line that connects the two, or

3. Run each compressor to a t fitting and have both compressors directly filling both tanks.

In my mind options 1 and 2 have fewer connections and use less line, but I don't know if any of it would make a difference one way or another.

Thoughts are appreciated.
Doesn't make any difference. The compressors will run until the pressure switch shuts them off.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Can the relays be mounted on/ in the frame somewhere or should I run them somewhere in the cab or under the hood?
You want the relays somewhere waterproof or nearly waterproof. Otherwise they guts will corrode and they can lock on. This even happened with added door lock relays on a previous truck that the alarm installer put inside the driver's kick panel area of the cab. One day my door locks quit working, and some investigation turned out they were constantly "unlocking" because the added relay had stuck on, corroded from moisture that was either leaking down from a failing windshield seal, or cowl leak.

Richard

ROYALTYFORGE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You want the relays somewhere waterproof or nearly waterproof. Otherwise they guts will corrode and they can lock on. This even happened with added door lock relays on a previous truck that the alarm installer put inside the driver's kick panel area of the cab. One day my door locks quit working, and some investigation turned out they were constantly "unlocking" because the added relay had stuck on, corroded from moisture that was either leaking down from a failing windshield seal, or cowl leak.

Richard
I had a feeling that was the case, thank you.