Anyone had Rock auto do this to them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turbohvn

Reaction score
A followup… I sent an email, with pictures, to GM’s “global brand protection” group, who monitor/investigate fraud and counterfeit GM parts. I got a response back in just a few hours. Their response was:

Thank for reaching out to us with your concern! After reviewing the information you sent, the part appears to be genuine.

I hope this helps and thanks for being an ACDelco customer!

So I’ll install it and hope for some
decent lifespan and reliability. Yes, times have changed in the auto parts world! Thanks for all the replies!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, I called AC Delco and was told that Rock Auto is NOT an authorized dealer/reseller of anything AC Delco!!!
That sounds like a pi$$ing contest. AC Delco is probably very happy that RockAuto sells their stuff, because RockAuto sells a metric $#!+ ton. I'd trust RockAuto over eBay and Amazon to ensure their parts aren't counterfeit.

AC Delco is re-selling any Chinese part they can slap their name on now. You have to buy "GM Genuine" to get the real deal parts, and next week that might change.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Several GM engine lines are Not produced by GM, but instead are produced For GM by its long-time partner SRI SRC at Springfield MO USA.

* struck SRI to show correct SRC

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like a pi$$ing contest. AC Delco is probably very happy that RockAuto sells their stuff, because RockAuto sells a metric $#!+ ton. I'd trust RockAuto over eBay and Amazon to ensure their parts aren't counterfeit.

AC Delco is re-selling any Chinese part they can slap their name on now. You have to buy "GM Genuine" to get the real deal parts, and next week that might change.
The real deal GM Genuine have been global sourced for years. They were global sourced when our trucks were built. My 1983 G20 was built in Canada as well. While fewer in number there are parts even in that van stamped Made in Taiwain. GM has had suppliers in Asia for over 40 years. You should see how many GM SUV chassis come in from Mexico headed to the Arlington SUV plant. Multiple train loads with 10-15 rail cars with chassis stacked like chord wood of them within a couple of hours a few years ago. I am sure some of those container cars were packed full of GenV V8s too.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real deal GM Genuine have been global sourced for years. They were global sourced when our trucks were built. My 1983 G20 was built in Canada as well. While fewer in number there are parts even in that van stamped Made in Taiwain. GM has had suppliers in Asia for over 40 years. You should see how many GM SUV chassis come in from Mexico headed to the Arlington SUV plant. Multiple train loads with 10-15 rail cars with chassis stacked like chord wood of them within a couple of hours a few years ago. I am sure some of those container cars were packed full of GenV V8s too.
i hate that train with a passion, i live in GP and that MF just sits there on the track blocking every north/south road from bush to 360.
its still loaded with frames every time i pass by.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i hate that train with a passion, i live in GP and that MF just sits there on the track blocking every north/south road from bush to 360.
its still loaded with frames every time i pass by.
I hated 360 by the GM plant too when I had to drive through that area apparantly at shift change time everyday.

They have a switch track on the line next to 377 in Haltom City/Wataga area too. Always has a train or two on it blocking every road headed west of 377 too for a mile or two.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Several GM engine lines are Not produced by GM, but instead are produced For GM by its long-time partner SRI at Springfield MO USA.

You got a name besides SRI? All Google is giving me is a logistics company and Indian doctors.

First guess, is that they're a casting and/or forging company, providing those parts to GM. I've never heard of another company producing engines for GM other than Mercury Marine with the LT5 for the 90's ZR-1.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The real deal GM Genuine have been global sourced for years. They were global sourced when our trucks were built.

Very little was coming from over seas at that point. Our trucks are mostly N. American. GM may have had sources in Asia for 40 years, but remember they've had plants all over the
world.

I don't think I've seen anything labeled Taiwan on my truck. It's all been US, Canada, Mexico.... and my exhaust manifolds say Austria, which has always suprised me.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

I look at it this way. Manufacturer support from GM was gone a long time ago. We're getting aftermaket support from GM becasue they have an all makes/models aftermarket parts business. Any scraps we find in the Genuine GM parts line, is likley becasue it was also used in newer vehicles.