Anyone had Rock auto do this to them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your going to get a ratchet crimpers, spend a little more and get the extra dies. That way you'll be covered for insulated, uninstalated, also the weatherpak pins. Once you start using it, you never go back.
I have four different, lm lazy , I didn't want to swap out the dies. And one that's has 90° head for close tight work. And a fancy wire stripper. And one big , two foot long handles for crimping really big lugs, eye ends on 1, 01, 00 wire battery etc.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of old crimpers and don't like any of them. Where might a guy find that one pictured above?
I ordered a set from that jungle company branded from Wirefy brand that came with 4 or 5 sets of dies. Only used a handful of times but have abandoned my old crimpers now. Well spent $80.

Reaction score
I bought 2 rear hub assemblies for a 2013 Focus, Installed them and the ABS wouldn't recognize the sensors. Rock Auto's response was t return the complete assemblies (which were already installed) . I reinstalled the old sensors and tossed theirs. That's the problem with no human interaction. No way I was removing and replacing 3 times because of faulty/incorrect sensors.

RMRP

Reaction score
Ordered a New AC Delco “gold/premium” alternator from Rock Auto. I received an alternator in an AC Delco box that is the correct configuration, appears to be new, but looks nothing like the real deal AC Delco unit. No AC Delco name cast into the housing and no identifying marks to indicate part number or country of origin. Just a small sticker that says “manufactured for AC Delco”. Again, doesn’t look anything like the genuine articles. Rock Auto has no customer service except via email. And, nowhere in the help section forms can you explain what the concern is. Anybody experienced a similar scenario with Rock Auto?
BTW, I called AC Delco and was told that Rock Auto is NOT an authorized dealer/reseller of anything AC Delco!!!
I have one of those alternators installed and working well for about a year, Also was a bit put off by noothing being marked AC Delco except the sticker, but it has worked well.

Analyst

Reaction score
I've stopped buying from rockauto due to unscrupulous business tactics. They will state a part will fit your vehicle and when you find out it doesn't they will refuse to take it back. I started using Oreillys. They have great customer service

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've stopped buying from rockauto due to unscrupulous business tactics. They will state a part will fit your vehicle and when you find out it doesn't they will refuse to take it back. I started using Oreillys. They have great customer service
I’ve never had this issue, then again I never order any part online without verifying on another site or two. Scroll down to bottom of description, it lists the GM part numbers(s), then use that number on, say gmpartgiant.com, to confirm fitment. I find it rare that you can beat their prices.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Oreilly lists multiple items that may or may not fit your specific vehicle, just like any other auto parts site. The same thing can happen to you at the dealer even when supplying the VIN for your vehicle. It's still ultimately up to you to determine from the application notes if it's the correct part or not.

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time I've had this problem was an alternator that AC Delco listed incorrectly, and it was listed incorrectly on O'Reilly's site as well.