Any experience with a USA Standard Gear steering box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaShubbs

Reaction score
I heard online that USA SG is a branch off of Yukon, is that true? My box is about shot and I'm looking for a good new one. I'd like to avoid a reman.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I heard online that USA SG is a branch off of Yukon, is that true? My box is about shot and I'm looking for a good new one. I'd like to avoid a reman.
No idea but if you look up new boxes from these two manufacturers - Lares and Edelmann - Lares has a "Limited Lifetime (Commercial Vehicles - 12 Months)" warranty, and Edelmann is "100 Years, 1,000,000 Miles"

Warranty is less exciting if the box turns out to be no good and you have to do the R&R and send it back for replacement, but just those warranty lengths tell me they're proud of their products.

Have not personally bought any new steering boxes so I can't recommend one brand over another. It seems like any one you get can be luck of the draw - even Borgeson.

Richard

jd33173

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No idea but if you look up new boxes from these two manufacturers - Lares and Edelmann - Lares has a "Limited Lifetime (Commercial Vehicles - 12 Months)" warranty, and Edelmann is "100 Years, 1,000,000 Miles"

Warranty is less exciting if the box turns out to be no good and you have to do the R&R and send it back for replacement, but just those warranty lengths tell me they're proud of their products.

Have not personally bought any new steering boxes so I can't recommend one brand over another. It seems like any one you get can be luck of the draw - even Borgeson.

Richard
Replaced mine(leaking fluid, somewhat sloppy) w a new borgeson quick ratio and sreering very well so far. Less than a month in so Time will tell.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like any one you get can be luck of the draw - even Borgeson.
There’s been a bunch of threads on steering boxes, and it does seem luck of the draw. Including the Lares, Edelmann, Borgeson…it seems like there’s always a few with good reviews, but mostly bad all around. I’m really looking forward to hearing how @fancyTBI experience with Turn One goes.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s been a bunch of threads on steering boxes, and it does seem luck of the draw. Including the Lares, Edelmann, Borgeson…it seems like there’s always a few with good reviews, but mostly bad all around. I’m really looking forward to hearing how @fancyTBI experience with Turn One goes.
I hope they ship sometime this week. Btw - I received my GMT900 cab mounts yesterday. I’ll get measurements soon.