Another 10 Bolt G80 Locker Bites The Dust...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got a call, everything went together and seems to be working properly!

One minor setback, one of my U-bolts on the rear axle spring perches is about to rust through on one side. They're going to get a new set made locally and install them, 'burb should be ready to pick up on Monday or Tuesday.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just picked up the Suburban a few hours ago and it drives great! Everything feels super smooth.

They did end up using the Richmond ring and pinion I bought as there were a few small chips in the originals that were missed on first inspection. No big deal, glad I ended up ordering everything.

I haven't been brave enough to try and spin the tires yet but I'm sure that time will come soon. So far I'm very happy!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the Suburban a few hours ago and it drives great! Everything feels super smooth.

They did end up using the Richmond ring and pinion I bought as there were a few small chips in the originals that were missed on first inspection. No big deal, glad I ended up ordering everything.

I haven't been brave enough to try and spin the tires yet but I'm sure that time will come soon. So far I'm very happy!
Did they recommend a break in and gear oil change?