What should I do? 10 bolt gu6 g80 or 14 bolt gu6 g80?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do think there are some k1500 out there with factory 14bolt 9.5 6lug even....
Yup, I had a 98 K1500 with a 9.5 SF(factory). Without reading that whole thread you posted, does it actually say 10b with factory 11” brakes? They did make them, but only for Suburban 1500’s and maybe Tahoe’s. I’ve never heard of a pickup with that axle. And if you had one, maybe someone swapped it in. A vin of that truck would confirm
that.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Without reading that whole thread you posted, does it actually say 10b with factory 11” brakes?
I didn't read it either apart from scanning if it would be useful in the context of a direct swap.. I've been curious about this too.
I’ve never heard of a pickup with that axle. And if you had one, maybe someone swapped it in. A vin of that truck would confirm
I've never had a pick up but yeah my Yukon's rear was swapped with a 10 bolt with 11" brakes from something when mine ate itself... Then it was rebuilt with Yukon and Motive stuff when that one did the same...lol