Another 10 Bolt G80 Locker Bites The Dust...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Eaton install kit showed up today. The box is marked "Made In: United States" and the included bearings are Timkens.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently bought Timken sealed bearings for my brothers supercharger and they were made in USA but the set I bought for the front of my ElCamino a couple years back were made in Taiwan. Maybe a COVID thing?

No idea how accurate or up to date this info is, but according to this UK bearing supply website Timken had manufacturing facilities in 33 countries at some point.

https://rhtrd.com/bearings/timken-bearings/

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dropped everything off this afternoon. I talked with my mechanic and he recommended sticking with the factory ring and pinion gears. They look great and nothing's wrong on the pinion side so I'll probably send the Richmond ring and pinion back to Amazon. I told him to go ahead and use whatever is needed out of the install kit to avoid any further delays, I'll hold on to the rest. Who knows, it might come in handy.

fancyTBI

*Sad TBI 350 noises*
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our threads are so similar these days. My parts showed up yesterday. I’m thankful I found a shop that is letting me supply the parts. I received Timken (differential) and Koyo (axle) bearings from the two motive sets I bought. I’m also planning on re-using my stock ring and pinion as it looked good to my eyes but they said they would inspect both and figured it would be fine.

I hope your install goes well!