Locker for 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with running a wider 4x4 14 bolt in your 2WD, it just means the rear wheels won’t look as tucked in the wheel wells. It will be more even with the wider front end track width.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has GM produced one of the 8.2" axles after about 1973? Far as I know, what I used to call the "8.5-inch Corporate axle" supplemented the 8.2" starting in '70 or '71, and the 8.2s were done in '72 or '73.

At any rate, there's no 8.2" axle assembly listed in the '88 C/K service manual.

Reaction score
Understood! That’s my bad again. When I did a google search on gm rear ends the 8.2 was one of the many gear sizes. And a few reads I saw mentioned that some trucks had a completely round housing with no tabs or “ears” on bottom like the 8.5” so then I just assumed because I googled “gmt400 rear end” and saw an 8.2” that there were multiple different 10 bolts that came on our trucks. I’m not very computer literate so my google search skills consist of exactly what I’m thinking will turn up answers and I only go about 3 articles deep before I’m onto the next subject. So I appreciate the feed back. I also did some YouTubing and most guys were just talking about the rear end and didn’t mention where the rear came from or where it was going and again same type of search and that’s what turned up. So it’s my ignorance that led me to my 8.2” answer! Don’t worry though. Your collective wealth of knowledge in this forum will correct my some of my ignorance!