99 P30 (L29/Motorhome) Wheel Bearing Seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Right. What I'm asking is.. you've got a new seal that fits loosely, in a new rotor. The old seal was tight.. in the old rotor. New seal and old seal measure the same.

Measurement of seal bore in old rotor vs. new rotor is = ???

Richard

wmoura

Reaction score
Nope, I just replaced the rotor, not the HUB that actually take the bearings and seals. So everything is the same as the original, AND the original also had loose seals. It was never tight. But I can't tell if they are original either since its old and I bought it used.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Gotcha. My bad, I missed that part and wasn't certain if it was a rotor/hub combo.

Maybe clean the hub bore and seal exterior with brake cleaner and apply a little bit of sealant of some type to help it stay in place instead of flop around on install, and also in hopes of preventing any grease from seeping? Not sure what I'd suggest, but maybe others can chime in whether it's a good idea or what product you might use.

Richard

wmoura

Reaction score
Gotcha. My bad, I missed that part and wasn't certain if it was a rotor/hub combo.

Maybe clean the hub bore and seal exterior with brake cleaner and apply a little bit of sealant of some type to help it stay in place instead of flop around on install, and also in hopes of preventing any grease from seeping? Not sure what I'd suggest, but maybe others can chime in whether it's a good idea or what product you might use.

Richard

I am was thinking the same thing, its just hard to install but once installed it seems fine. I am thinking maybe use something to keep in place while installing it. Where it sits it doesn't have any room to move anyway so I think its fine. It has been running like this for who know how long. :p

Thanks for talking it through with me, sometimes its all you need.