96 GMC K2500 Suburban Restoration (with a couple of mods)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The spare tan is pretty rough, its what i call the “tahoe”style, i dont know if it would match if you have the burb visors
You must be registered for see images attach
Still better than what I have...
I understand, didn't know there was a difference between the Burb and Tahoe visors. I'm hoping to get a yard trip in soon, to see what they have. There's 4 yards I go to but only one is very close to home.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Still better than what I have...
I understand, didn't know there was a difference between the Burb and Tahoe visors. I'm hoping to get a yard trip in soon, to see what they have. There's 4 yards I go to but only one is very close to home.
I would think that all of visors are the same except for trim levels and there might have been a change with the interior update but should be swapable

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I would think that all of visors are the same except for trim levels and there might have been a change with the interior update but should be swapable
The deluxe visor has the lighted mirror on it, and the cover to that mirror has a tab on it that is the on/off switch. When this small piece of plastic breaks, it makes the lights come on...and this WILL drain the battery (guess how I know this!). The bulbs are made into the unit and are difficult to remove; easiest way to "fix" this is to remove the visor and unplug the wiring to the mirror lights. The other issue with the deluxe visor is the clips that hold the end closest to the rearview mirror. These are plastic and easily broken if you don't use the proper finger position for removing the visor from the clip.
And all this goodness is held together by the vanity mirror housing and the thin fabric that covers the visor. And in the sunny South, this doesn't age well....

99xcss4

Reaction score
The deluxe visor has the lighted mirror on it, and the cover to that mirror has a tab on it that is the on/off switch. When this small piece of plastic breaks, it makes the lights come on...and this WILL drain the battery (guess how I know this!). The bulbs are made into the unit and are difficult to remove; easiest way to "fix" this is to remove the visor and unplug the wiring to the mirror lights. The other issue with the deluxe visor is the clips that hold the end closest to the rearview mirror. These are plastic and easily broken if you don't use the proper finger position for removing the visor from the clip.
And all this goodness is held together by the vanity mirror housing and the thin fabric that covers the visor. And in the sunny South, this doesn't age well....
wow I did not know all that I am glad that frank'n truck and our 97 do not have the fancy visors that sounds just plane bad to have to deal with

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
wow I did not know all that I am glad that frank'n truck and our 97 do not have the fancy visors that sounds just plane bad to have to deal with
Yup, another part of the "Silverado curse" LoL. Had this happen on both mine....at least I have a few pairs of the clips, gotten from the wrecking yards over the last couple years. Someone needs to reproduce those, in a softer plastic so they don't break so easily.

99xcss4

Reaction score
well frank'n truck is silverado trim but it is a 94 what is weird is frank'n truck and our 97 cheyenne have soft visors but I saw a 90 or very early 91 cheyenne or scottsdale forget what it was and it had hard vinyl visors

99xcss4

Reaction score
I think that I am going to have to reach out to you at some point I am looking for some parts struck out at the yard last time I went I check ebay from time to time but could use as many options as I can get