89 GMC Sierra SLE Restoration Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
BTW take care with the lug nut caps and center caps on those wheels. They're a different design than the more common ones used on the later wheels; your wheels are unique to the 1988-1990 models (and some say 1991 but I'm not so sure about that.) I think the early ones like yours a better looking wheel but both designs are nice.

I had scored a nearly brand new set that had been sitting in boxes in a garage since the previous owner bought the truck and drove it straight to a wheel shop; they stored the originals in the aftermarket boxes. Hated to let them go but I never did end up finding a use for them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
BTW take care with the lug nut caps and center caps on those wheels. They're a different design than the more common ones used on the later wheels; your wheels are unique to the 1988-1990 models (and some say 1991 but I'm not so sure about that.) I think the early ones like yours a better looking wheel but both designs are nice.

I had scored a nearly brand new set that had been sitting in boxes in a garage since the previous owner bought the truck and drove it straight to a wheel shop; they stored the originals in the aftermarket boxes. Hated to let them go but I never did end up finding a use for them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
I have one of those wheels; Dad wanted to put them on the '84 Burb but they weren't the weight rating we needed for the rear. So it had these on the front, and square body Rallyes on the rear, with mudgrips! Truck looked "interesting" with that and three tone color combo (navy blue, oxidized silver, and rust) but it did its job most of the time. Then it got stolen and that's what led to our first OBS Burb. We could find square body Burbs cheap, but all needed lots of work. In the middle of hurricane season, with major possibility of having to evacuate, we needed reliable transportation.