1998 K2500..Got her home yesterday, it now has almost 800 miles on her!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

991500Burb

Reaction score
Zoom in and see all that plastic on the engine tunnel? It was every where, covered all the carpetting thru out the truck. I removed it all today and after 26 years the stickem is/was still doing its job. The Black lettering says that the selling dealer (1st) is supposed to remove all of it but they didn’t obviously!

991500Burb

Reaction score
Zoom in and see all that plastic on the engine tunnel? It was every where, covered all the carpetting thru out the truck. I removed it all today and after 26 years the stickem is/was still doing its job. The Black lettering says that the selling dealer (1st) is supposed to remove all of it but they didn’t obviously!
ValpoMike, That's incredible! What a find! I'm wondering if it may have been slated to be a Fire Chiefs Truck (because it's Red) and never put in service? I live in porter county and hope we meet sometime! I'll be on the lookout for you!

JohnZ71

Z71 Tahoe Enjoyer
Reaction score
Agreed. We need more updates, I love this suburban lol. I researched part of its history with the previous owners, wild story and highly entertaining.

It wouldn’t hurt to document everything about it, considering it’s one of the very few untouched examples. It can serve as a reference for how these vehicles are supposed to be. I’d be interested in every piece of paperwork that came with it, I’ve been trying to track down all of the correct documents that would’ve come in the glovebox of my Tahoe, etc.

The GMT400 platform is becoming more collectible and restorations are becoming more common. It would be nice to have a reference of every decal, factory interior tags, etc. Small details like these make a difference in judging at car shows.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to see it'll still be getting shown off some! I've been loosely following this burb since it was "uncovered" and I figured it would've wound up across the globe in some car collection or locked up here in the states never to be seen again.
Can't wait to see more on it! I am a little curious on the history of it, I know it was allegedly bought by a pair of brothers in Ohio that were involved in some suspicious activities?

Last edited: