1998 K2500..Got her home yesterday, it now has almost 800 miles on her!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ValpoMike

Reaction score
GIven that you picked this up in PA, I assume yours is the truck originally from the Wilhelm auction that sold on BAT. There's not too many like this with under 1K miles for it not to be. I guess you've seen the discussion thread already since you posted a pic of the brake pedal. :anitoof: :anitoof: To all you naysayers, I'm not saying I told you so buuuuuuttt I told you so. That's a great truck and you'll turn many heads and have a blast driving it. Get ready to talk about it with strangers often. Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum.
The folks who won that auction (Wilhelm) are in fact a used car dealership (Very nice older cars & trucks) in PA. They put it on BaT and that’s where I first saw it and more or less decided that this Red Sub would be mine. I know why some of those guys have a hard time believing the milage is in fact so low, I was very skeptical myself! I looked at the FoxReport, read and then reread the story about the Brothers (original owners) and watched the U Tube video about how the Brothers met their end..etc..
The more I looked into it the more convinced I became that this Sub is a true 26 y/o Brand New Sub..Now being that’s 26 y/o means it’s full of 26 y/o parts..so time will tell…
So far it’s running great, it handles great with the BFG KO3s..I am a happy camper!

ValpoMike

Reaction score
You keep saying "dealer". Were you the auction winner originally or did a dealer get it at the auction, or was it taken there for "service"?

And also have you checked the seats and other hiding places to see if the legend is true??
OK..not sure what the legend is that you’re referring to is..You got me there!
The seats are Great! Nice soft leather on all three rows! They had been wrapped in GM Plastic for the last 26 years so..
I got it at the BaT auction, the dealer I am referring to is the one who got it at the auction that was held in Ohio to liquidate all the assets of the Brothers estate.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
The folks who won that auction (Wilhelm) are in fact a used car dealership (Very nice older cars & trucks) in PA. They put it on BaT and that’s where I first saw it and more or less decided that this Red Sub would be mine. I know why some of those guys have a hard time believing the milage is in fact so low, I was very skeptical myself! I looked at the FoxReport, read and then reread the story about the Brothers (original owners) and watched the U Tube video about how the Brothers met their end..etc..
The more I looked into it the more convinced I became that this Sub is a true 26 y/o Brand New Sub..Now being that’s 26 y/o means it’s full of 26 y/o parts..so time will tell…
So far it’s running great, it handles great with the BFG KO3s..I am a happy camper!
Yeah. As stated in the first thread, I was familiar with all the vehicles before they went to auction in Ohio. I went to bat for your purchase based on the information I had gathered too as the previous auction and final BAT sale unfolded. It’s great you’re on here to let us see it “in person”.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK..not sure what the legend is that you’re referring to is..You got me there!
The seats are Great! Nice soft leather on all three rows! They had been wrapped in GM Plastic for the last 26 years so..
I got it at the BaT auction, the dealer I am referring to is the one who got it at the auction that was held in Ohio to liquidate all the assets of the Brothers estate.
There was chatter online that the brothers had those vehicles all sitting there because they used them to hide their cash in them. In the seats/dash,panels etc. Might be worth a look lol

ValpoMike

Reaction score
Yeah. As stated in the first thread, I was familiar with all the vehicles before they went to auction in Ohio. I went to bat for your purchase based on the information I had gathered too as the previous auction and final BAT sale unfolded. It’s great you’re on here to let us see it “in person”.
I am glad to help set the record straight! The internet is great in so many ways but..it’s an easy place for some others to say “Stuff” before they actually know “Stuff” too!

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpeg
    IMG_1589.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 27

ValpoMike

Reaction score
There was chatter online that the brothers had those vehicles all sitting there because they used them to hide their cash in them. In the seats/dash,panels etc. Might be worth a look lol
Well if and when I find any extra cash…I sure as heck aint about to announce it here or anywhere else..The Brothers did their thing and look where all that got them!

ValpoMike

Reaction score
I am glad to help set the record straight! The internet is great in so many ways but..it’s an easy place for some others to say “Stuff” before they actually know “Stuff” too!
Zoom in and see all that plastic on the engine tunnel? It was every where, covered all the carpetting thru out the truck. I removed it all today and after 26 years the stickem is/was still doing its job. The Black lettering says that the selling dealer (1st) is supposed to remove all of it but they didn’t obviously!