Wtf did I do lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Vertical wide filter
The reason the filter does not fit according to handbook. It appears, when the engine was rebuilt or swapped out, they did not install the oil cooler filter adapter. That's the standard two wheel drive configuration. So your oil cooler is not functional either.

moops

Reaction score
The reason the filter does not fit according to handbook. It appears, when the engine was rebuilt or swapped out, they did not install the oil cooler filter adapter. That's the standard two wheel drive configuration. So your oil cooler is not functional either.
Ok. Is this a concern when I use 4WD or at all? A quick search tells me I might have to be patient and check scrapyards to find the right adapter.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The concept is cooling the oil and keeping at the optimum operating temp. The benefit is faster warmup, better temperature control, more efficient. Over temp oil breaks down loosing all those great properties. Whether two or four wheel drive models.
Yes, a treasure yard, look for a 4x4 model. Cleaned up, new gaskets and o rings your golden.
Next will be dealing with the less than perfect oil cooling line attachment fittings. " Opinions may vary far and wide."

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Btw, I am having troubles trusting the internet about the right replacement for that filter, annd I can’t find ann exact match. I’ve already wasted money on filters and grommets that did not fit. Does anybody know where to find that filter?
Wix 51069, I have the same problem with mine. The Wix number crosses to other brands but check any other brand for length.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I fueled up at a BP but I remember the premium fuel having green tint in it. Since the induction of ethanol I've got in the habit of smelling the nozzle before I pump gas. If it smells like pure corn liquor I go somewhere else, if it's diesel I'll know that too!