Wtf did I do lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be the one. My reader said I was 2° off so I rotated the distributor to 0° and the idle got rougher and it stalled easier, so I’m guessing it’s off a tooth. Might have a vacuum leak as well, but I haven’t hooked up the vacuum gauge or the smoke machine yet. One thing at a time.
You need to be at operating temperature and over a 1000 RPM in order to check offset.

moops

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it’s a vortec. I’m thinking it might be from a gmt 800 instead of a 400. I know they have different oils filters and it looks like the 800 has a fan clutch situation like mine.
No, then it would be an LS based engine. Vortec stopped with LS introduction. So it's a 5.7/ 350 or if rebuild could be up to 383.
No fan shroud huge cooling potential loss.

moops

Reaction score
No, then it would be an LS based engine. Vortec stopped with LS introduction. So it's a 5.7/ 350 or if rebuild could be up to 383.
No fan shroud huge cooling potential loss.
I removed the fan shroud to get to the crank bolt to put my #1 to tdc. That’s also why the serpentine belt is off. First timer mistakes in that one. The air filter stuff is off so I can get to the distributor. I’m hoping to take a look at the rotor and possibly reseat the distributor tomorrow if I can.