Wtf did I do lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

11bravo

Reaction score
It looks like he is filling with diesel, but he said it is a 5.7. Are there some stations that use green nozzles for gas? Man, that would screw up a lot of cars.

On the other hand, if he put diesel in by mistake, that would explain why it's running so bad....

Last edited:

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like he is filling with diesel, but he said it is a 5.7. Are there some stations that use green nozzles for gas?

I'm quessing he lives near a big city, where "green" means "good".

But some vandal has spray-painted over his license plate.

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do mean wrong oil filter? Are aware of the difference between 4x4 and two wheel. The 4x4 has horizontal smaller filter for drivetrain clearance. The oil filter oil cooler adapter is different than two wheel drive.

moops

Reaction score
What do mean wrong oil filter? Are aware of the difference between 4x4 and two wheel. The 4x4 has horizontal smaller filter for drivetrain clearance. The oil filter oil cooler adapter is different than two wheel drive.
Wrong oil filter in that the oil filter specified by the owners manual does not fit. It has a smaller diameter.

moops

Reaction score
I wasn’t really expecting to get into all of this in an introductory post. There is more than just the offset at play. When the previous owner gave up on her he was chasing down a vacuum leak. In that process he replaced the distributor and figured that probably was the source of the code mentioned previously. He never found the vacuum leak but codes for it stopped showing up. She still runs rich. Part of that was the coolant temp sensor was bad. I replaced that with improvements. Then engine too lean codes showed up. She had sat for a year after he gave up on her. I replaced the fuel filter and the too lean codes haven’t come back yet. When taking the plug wires out I noticed the breather hose was loose. Turns out its grommet was bad and someone had wrapped it with electrical tape to make it fit. I replaced the grommet and cleaned out the valve cover. I usually only can work on her on Friday afternoons and in trying to get to the crank I tried to take the fan off following my Haynes manual. That’s when I noticed the Haynes manual showed a different fan clutch/pulley than what I have. I spent the next 3 months trying to get the pulley put back on. I finally got that back on last weekend but I haven’t torqued it yet.

So that’s where I am, and she’s been sitting all this time again. By the time I get her all back together I’ll have to change her oil again and check for sludge due to her dumping gas.

I was expecting to work on her today but I have a bunch of lumber in my garage in the way of my tools for making wheel cribs for my daily driver which needs a new muffler put on. So today I’m working on wheel cribs.

moops

Reaction score
Btw, I am having troubles trusting the internet about the right replacement for that filter, annd I can’t find ann exact match. I’ve already wasted money on filters and grommets that did not fit. Does anybody know where to find that filter?

moops

Reaction score
The owner also said he had it tuned “for power,” which I’m guessing was necessary because of the catalyst delete. The second O2 sensor is gone on both sides so I’m guessing the tune was needed for that, but I don’t think I can trust it was done well, so I’m looking into tuning courses at hpacademy.com