Wtf did I do lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moops

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wanted to learn to work on my own cars back in high school (25 years ago) but the auto class was worthless. None of the cars worked so I never knew if I broke or fixed anything. Took brakes, differential, and a front end apart but they weren’t even on a car, so I never developed any confidence, and didn’t invest beyond that, since I didn’t learn anything.

Now, I’m trying to take responsibility, and bought a 97 burb 4x4 that was somebody else’s toy. EGR delete, catalyst delete, stainless headers, rebuilt already. Of course all the mods means I can’t follow the Haynes manuals 100% now. Not sure what engine is in it but it’s not stock. It’s close, but different. Oil filter is different, engine fan mounts different. All fine, I’ll learn it eventually, but it’s gonna take time, which I have very little of. Father of an 8 and 4 year old.

Currently digging into cam/crank correlation codes. Finally got #1 to tdc so it’s time to reset the distributor. Looking forward to getting her put back together so I can take her to Menards.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
Nice burb. Tough getting someone else's project that you don't know what all was done.

Maybe take a tour over to the engine and performance section. There is a sticky section that has all the FSM's (factory service manuals) available for download. Way better than a Haynes manual.