will the older style dipsticks work? (chrome ones)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
but be warned, the chrome paint, doesn't turn out chrome, my valve covers are painted with that stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh I know that, I found that out years ago that NONE of it looks like chrome, not the cheap spray cans anyways.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got plenty planned for it, I got a set of valve covers on order, an open element air cleaner, and PS dipstick. Gotta order the valve cover bolts in chrome, the oil fill cap, looking to do a MC cover, and maybe an overflow cap, thought of doing the oil and trans dipstick, also though of doing the oil pan, but mine doesn't leak and I just put it together almost 2 years ago. Also would like to do a diff. cover out back, maybe trans. pan and flywheel cover after I swap transmission cases. Had thought of the water neck, but unsure the last I had nothing but leaks from, but only after it was removed and put back on, the first time it was put on and not removed for years it never leaked.

hey fastorange, what size is your air cleaner 10 inch or a 14? looks like a 10 to me. maybe 9? Also height? looks like 4 inch, love the tall filters, may do one on mine later.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I got plenty planned for it, I got a set of valve covers on order, an open element air cleaner, and PS dipstick. Gotta order the valve cover bolts in chrome, the oil fill cap, looking to do a MC cover, and maybe an overflow cap, thought of doing the oil and trans dipstick, also though of doing the oil pan, but mine doesn't leak and I just put it together almost 2 years ago. Also would like to do a diff. cover out back, maybe trans. pan and flywheel cover after I swap transmission cases. Had thought of the water neck, but unsure the last I had nothing but leaks from, but only after it was removed and put back on, the first time it was put on and not removed for years it never leaked.

hey fastorange, what size is your air cleaner 10 inch or a 14? looks like a 10 to me. maybe 9? Also height? looks like 4 inch, love the tall filters, may do one on mine later.
the Airfilter is a stock replacement for a TBI 350, so its the same size as whatever that is., base is pretty much flat.

i wouldn't do a oil pan, you wont see it, i also got a chrome cover on my power steering pump, and also chrome breathers, but i dont like too much chrome, im going for the Black/Aluminum look.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
and oh, get a thermostat housing with a o-ring, ive NEVER had a problem with one that had one, the one i have in the picture is a Aluminum Swivel one (had to get it to use Vortec Hose), and ive used it both with gaskets or o-rings, both held up.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea the one I had was o-ring style.

As for the oil pan yea not mcuh gonna see it, unless I lift the truck up, then you might. The one thing that stops me is the pan is like $40, but the gasket is like $20-40 itself lol. Now if mine started leaking or something I'd consider it.

I didn't know they made direct replacements for stock tbi's though. I just bought a 14 inch for mine. I tried out a 9 inch to get an idea(bowl lid) didn't look too great, kinda small showed all the tbi hoses and stuff. I liek it really clean, painted and chromed out. Although I like either polished alum. or chrome alum. so it don't rust.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
yea the one I had was o-ring style.

As for the oil pan yea not mcuh gonna see it, unless I lift the truck up, then you might. The one thing that stops me is the pan is like $40, but the gasket is like $20-40 itself lol. Now if mine started leaking or something I'd consider it.

I didn't know they made direct replacements for stock tbi's though. I just bought a 14 inch for mine. I tried out a 9 inch to get an idea(bowl lid) didn't look too great, kinda small showed all the tbi hoses and stuff. I liek it really clean, painted and chromed out. Although I like either polished alum. or chrome alum. so it don't rust.
well the aircleaner is self is a old school Moroso one i found in my LeMans, but im using just a airfilter for a 1988-1995 350 TBI, so what size they are (10''?) thats what the lid and bttom are.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ive been thinking of picking up one like my dad has on his Camaro, hides the holley pretty good.

and i know what you mean about the small aircleaners shoing alot, i forgot how clusterfuckish my 4.3L was.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forget what mine is it's like a 12 or 13 inch filter I thought when I measured it the other day, being a stock 88 350 tbi filter. Your dad's looks like a 14 inch what I got ordered. I hope it comes in one day this week. I really like the one I bought and put on the monte carlo when I had it, and it's now in dad's 84, it's an oval chromed alum one, for single 4 bbl, and it's heartbeat, like the 3 lines are straight then jump like the heartbeat monitors, and it's got my large bowtie wing nut on it. He told me I can use it, but it'd show alot of the clutter. I might rob the air cleaner nut though.