will the older style dipsticks work? (chrome ones)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
I had to take mine out and trying to put it back in was like pulling teeth. I had to rebend it multiple times and still never got it back in right. Plus i'm pretty sure engine gunk from the block got shoved in the hole. When i got it to go back in it won't go down all the way.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
was yours chrome or factory zane? I pulled mine out when I was tearing the motor down for rebuild and put it back in, I did bend mine some, but it wasn't enough to hurt anything and I straightened it out afterwards.

ZaneDickerson

Reaction score
was yours chrome or factory zane? I pulled mine out when I was tearing the motor down for rebuild and put it back in, I did bend mine some, but it wasn't enough to hurt anything and I straightened it out afterwards.

Mine is the factory one. When i say i bent it, I had to bend it one way then try and try again. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but that dipstick put up a fight... and won.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Usually all I have to do is remove 1 10mm bolt and then slide the dipstick tube out, and the same for installation, but I am sure if the tube were bent it would be more difficult to remove and install.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also I always put a small Oring on the tube slid up against the small flared spot to help seal them up, and I've never had one leak.