What was the Original Shade of Orange for the '91-'94 Gauges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not particularly eager to mess around with the ones I've got, since they look OK and they mostly work (except for the speedometer, which reads about 1-1.5 MPH slow. For example, if I'm going, say, 35, the speedo will read roughly half way between 33 and 34. It's more annoying than anything, but it seems relatively consistent across its range, so I could probably fix it if I really wanted to), but if I get motivated, perhaps I can do something.

That said, while reading about upgrades to the illumination for '95+ gauges, I got curious about what the needles on the '91-'94's originally looked like, since I'd read somewhere (on this forum, I think) that most of them have faded by now, and rather than the fairly light, orangish yellow color, they were more of a bright orange.

So, is that correct, and, just out of curiosity, can they be easily restored to that color permanently?

A photo or two of good condition, unfaded '91-'94 gauge needles for comparison would be nice, too.

Thank you!

c