The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well the fuel leak hasn't returned, hopefully it stays that way! I also ended up stealing the taillights off of my 1500 to have functioning, visible rear lighting. The ricer garbage I took off deserves a special place in Hell. Hooked up the open deck trailer and turned the wife loose. She wasn't digging it. The steering is pretty sloppy on this thing still. She did fine, but was a bag of nerves. 1350 miles is a long way to drive while hating your life so I don't think I'm going to subject her to this truck. It simply isn't on the same level as my 1500 in terms of how well it's been maintained and set up to tow as bass ackwards as that may sound.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the fuel leak hasn't returned, hopefully it stays that way! I also ended up stealing the taillights off of my 1500 to have functioning, visible rear lighting. The ricer garbage I took off deserves a special place in Hell. Hooked up the open deck trailer and turned the wife loose. She wasn't digging it. The steering is pretty sloppy on this thing still. She did fine, but was a bag of nerves. 1350 miles is a long way to drive while hating your life so I don't think I'm going to subject her to this truck. It simply isn't on the same level as my 1500 in terms of how well it's been maintained and set up to tow as bass ackwards as that may sound.
Props to you for electing your wife to do a little trailer trucking. I tried to get mine to go for a quick drive hooked up to the trailer but she politely (somewhat) declined.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Hooked up the open deck trailer and turned the wife loose. She wasn't digging it
I tried to get mine to go for a quick drive hooked up to the trailer but she politely (somewhat) declined
Shoot, I can't even get mine to pull one straight forward in the yard without fussing. Getting her to drive up to the plow so I could pop the pins in it, that was um....interesting.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Props to you for electing your wife to do a little trailer trucking. I tried to get mine to go for a quick drive hooked up to the trailer but she politely (somewhat) declined.

Shoot, I can't even get mine to pull one straight forward in the yard without fussing. Getting her to drive up to the plow so I could pop the pins in it, that was um....interesting.

Back in 2009 pre-kids she drove my 1500 from SD to CA pulling my Corolla GTS on my open deck trailer I used to have. No complaints then. She's also very useful for bleeding brakes. Really anything as long as she's strong enough.

Back to the other day though, here's the horrific tails I liberated from it.

You must be registered for see images attach

And in case I forgot to mention it, this thing absolutely cannot hold a candle to the 1500 on anything yet. Acceleration, braking, steering/feel, this thing has a ways to go before it's not a nutless piece of crap. I kinda got used to it driving it for a couple of weeks but damn if the 1500 just doesn't crush this thing. Boosted (4psi) 350 vs untuned 454 is a no contest win for the small block.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
4wd is fixed again, hopefully for good this time! I went for 4lo when we arrived to back the uhaul trailer up my dirt driveway and didn't get it, so I didn't back up as far as I wanted to. As I drove the truck more I noticed the switch panel acting just like the one in my 1500, so I found my Rubbermaid bin full of truck crap and plucked a switch from there. Good to go! Also changed out a window/lock switch as the locks have always been screwy. Turns out one of the posts that is part of the rocker mechanism had snapped off. So now the locks don't suck either. I wish I had more free crap to fix my wipers now.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4wd is fixed again, hopefully for good this time! I went for 4lo when we arrived to back the uhaul trailer up my dirt driveway and didn't get it, so I didn't back up as far as I wanted to. As I drove the truck more I noticed the switch panel acting just like the one in my 1500, so I found my Rubbermaid bin full of truck crap and plucked a switch from there. Good to go! Also changed out a window/lock switch as the locks have always been screwy. Turns out one of the posts that is part of the rocker mechanism had snapped off. So now the locks don't suck either. I wish I had more free crap to fix my wipers now.
Free crap that works is the best!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Nice!

Good you didnt keep going, that looks like a potential busted rear window as it is with the wrong load shift. lol.