Urgent Motor Help Needed After Tuneup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So update. The truck has started to surge pretty bad at idle, I can watch the tach needle bounce a good amount and hear it running bad, I assume from it running lean. Any ideas?

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So update. The truck has started to surge pretty bad at idle, I can watch the tach needle bounce a good amount and hear it running bad, I assume from it running lean. Any ideas?
Do you have the means to read the O2 voltage? If you don't have it you may want to consider TunerPro RT and an ALDL cable so you can actually see what your engine is doing. I know you think the exhaust was pretty hot while pouring water down the intake but an immediate,drastic change in exhaust temps will FUp the O2. I've done it as well as toast the cat. I don't do that $hit no more!

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the means to read the O2 voltage? If you don't have it you may want to consider TunerPro RT and an ALDL cable so you can actually see what your engine is doing. I know you think the exhaust was pretty hot while pouring water down the intake but an immediate,drastic change in exhaust temps will FUp the O2. I've done it as well as toast the cat. I don't do that $hit no more!
I can read O2 voltage. Havent looked too much at it but I know it still gets good cross counts and at a glance it look the same readings as always.