Urgent Motor Help Needed After Tuneup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So should I watch the IAC position when it starts surging to rule out IAC? the vacuum bounces up and down slightly when it surges but i think its because the rpms bouncing.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my previous post - watch the rotor while turning the crank back and forth.
Ill check that soon, Ive turned the rotor before though from the crank when doing distributor work but I never noticed any slop its pretty much immediately turned the second I turn the crank.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any possibility it could be from the misfire the o2 is just completely gummed up from the raw gas and is reading way lean? I might try pulling it out in a bit and just leaving it to soak in electrical parts cleaner see if that helps

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might try pulling it out in a bit and just leaving it to soak in electrical parts cleaner see if that helps
Don't do that, you'll ruin it for sure. There's a little port that lets air in so it can create voltage comparing it to the O2 in the exhaust. If that gets plugged, it's garbage.
You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't read all the way back - do you have a scanner or TunerPro RT? You can monitor your O2 feedback and watch for cross counts. If there's none or it's slow to respond, replace it.

Nick88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't do that, you'll ruin it for sure. There's a little port that lets air in so it can create voltage comparing it to the O2 in the exhaust. If that gets plugged, it's garbage.
You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't read all the way back - do you have a scanner or TunerPro RT? You can monitor your O2 feedback and watch for cross counts. If there's none or it's slow to respond, replace it.
Yes I have ALDLDroid I have good crosscounts

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I have ALDLDroid I have good crosscounts
Hmm,maybe take Orpedcrows's advice and check for vacuum leaks. You can use carb cleaner or an unlit propane torch and go around the TB base,EGR base,vacuum hoses and intake rails. If there is a leak it will change the idle as it sucks the gas in. For $hits and giggles pull the EGR vacuum hose off and see what happens. A malfunctioning EGR control valve could be pulling the EGR open when it's not supposed to.