Turn signals dead, emergency flashers goofy. Is it the multi function switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Y'all know how I say I love this truck 99% of the time? Well, we are in the one percent bad. 97 C3500, crew cab, usually answers to "Rawhide"....
The turn signals have been wonky lately but today they don't flash at all. Hazard flashers don't work properly either.
So I'm thinking it's the multi function switch, because this is pretty much what Burb did when its went out. The garage I trust says they can do the R&R for $720, including the part, and if I get it into them first thing in the morning, they should be able to have it done in around 4 hours. Thoughts????

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Here's the thing: I probably have some of the skills to do this job. But not all of the tools, and if I mess something up, then we don't have any transportation and it'll cost more money to fix it. So as much as I REALLY don't want to spend the $$$, sometimes you have to pay for someone else's expertise.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
There's no way any of this could be the circuit board in the taillights, right? Cause replacing those is something I can do, and fairly quickly too.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I know what you mean all I can say I is that I hope they are doing a whole lot more then just putting in a new switch for 720 ouch! if you were near by and did not want to do the job your self my step dad would most likely charge some where in the 50-100 range you buy the part

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
There's no way any of this could be the circuit board in the taillights, right? Cause replacing those is something I can do, and fairly quickly too.
I do not know but you could do a taillight swap on your truck and see if the problem fallows or not is it only the rear lights that act up or do the front turn signals and hazards act up as well

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I know what you mean all I can say I is that I hope they are doing a whole lot more then just putting in a new switch for 720 ouch! if you were near by and did not want to do the job your self my step dad would most likely charge some where in the 50-100 range you buy the part
I think a lot of it is the labor which IIRC from the hydro boost fix is $150 per hour. I'm going to watch the video this evening while my brother is at work.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I do not know but you could do a taillight swap on your truck and see if the problem fallows or not is it only the rear lights that act up or do the front turn signals and hazards act up as well
It's not just the indicators on the cluster; the turn signals are actually not on either, when they're supposed to be. And I'm not hearing any clicking from under the dashboard either, and the flasher was clicking earlier. I'm off today, and my brother had a doctor's appointment this morning. On the way to the Laundromat after we got home from that, I saw the turn signals were out.