Stock exhaust size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonh0360

Reaction score
Exhaust doesn't come in thousands of an inch. I think he's just asking is it 3" or 3.5" I mean there's only a few factory sizes. I mean a caliper is a good tool to have but hell you'll spend more on a go0d caliper than the job he's wanting to do.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the other choice is never getting the basic tools you need to perform basic maintenance? If your going to do your own work there's basic tools you need . That's how life works.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know the stock exhuast size for a 97 c1500 from cat to muffer. Wanting to cut factory muffler off and bolt a aftermarket one and do a cheap hanger
Every one of those that I have touched was 3 inch. As for cheap hanger, use something like this. I have used cheap ones but they ALL failed very fast.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Way too small. Dual 2.25 pipes or single 3” will help even stock engines breath. Use mandrel bent pipes. The crush bends kill flow.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had great results with 2.5" dual or 2.5" to single 3" many times on SBC engines. The L30 305 Vortec I had in my 99 Tahoe responded very well to 1-5/8" long tubes with 2.5" collectors, 2.5" high flow cats, 2.5" tubing to a dual inlet/single outlet magnaflow with the OE 2.75" tail pipe. Very noticeable increase in both torque and hp compared to the stock manifolds, cats and muffler that the stock L31 used. The L31 in the 1987 G20 has a similar setup but I used a dual in/dual out muffler and dual 2.5" tailpipes on it.