Full exhaust replacement. Hrs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YIKES! Been there too with the motor mount issue before.

QC seems to be lacking across the whole industry. I could not be happier with my muffler choice on the 87 G20. I was looking for something that was somewhat quiet and did not have any interior resonance. It was a $40 muffler when I bought it. I did drill a small drainage hole low in the rear wall of it near the seam where it should have come with one to start with but otherwise great quality. The sound is exactly what I hoped for with the tri-y headers and Walker 2.5" cats. It is throaty on acceleration and mellow just cruising.

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20240901_150945-jpg.385023

Holy crap! My mounts had somewhere in excess of 300,000 miles on them, and looked better than that.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Holy crap! My mounts had somewhere in excess of 300,000 miles on them, and looked better than that.

Mine were more wasted than his with 70K on them. The transmission mount was a 2-piece mount at 70K ad well.

Tahoez71

Reaction score
YIKES! Been there too with the motor mount issue before.

QC seems to be lacking across the whole industry. I could not be happier with my muffler choice on the 87 G20. I was looking for something that was somewhat quiet and did not have any interior resonance. It was a $40 muffler when I bought it. I did drill a small drainage hole low in the rear wall of it near the seam where it should have come with one to start with but otherwise great quality. The sound is exactly what I hoped for with the tri-y headers and Walker 2.5" cats. It is throaty on acceleration and mellow just cruising.

I wish I had a welder at home and some skill. I really would have liked to do a something custom. I was looking at the magnaflow kit but it's only for 4 doors. Is that muffler you have x piped inside?

Tahoez71

Reaction score
Just for the record my truck is at 265k. Guess these were bad here they are out of the shells.

I will update when I get home later. Thanks all for all the replies.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I had a welder at home and some skill. I really would have liked to do a something custom. I was looking at the magnaflow kit but it's only for 4 doors. Is that muffler you have x piped inside?
It does not have a X-pipe, it actually chambered like a turbo muffler. I am usually against a chambered muffler but the slight performance loss to have a quieter exhaust is worth it in something that I built to cruise. I also picked the near 45* exhaust exit for maximum sound reduction. Sound carries back and away from the cabin.