SkyHighColorado's 94' White Z71 Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
yup oem or factory flares. You can find them in the junk yards here all the time

How much do they go for out there? I can't find any here. Looks like people try to take them off and them up. Or just rip them off because they want a decent fender.

Sent from Robl@nd

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
How much do they go for out there? I can't find any here. Looks like people try to take them off and them up. Or just rip them off because they want a decent fender.

Sent from Robl@nd

get on ebay and get the oe style flares that are $130

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I think about $40. They do just pop off, but you got to get the hole taps or whatever you call them out of the holes in the fender so you can reinstall them.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looks good with the black rims. I need to get one, my tip somehow got painted white. Damn kid! LOL!

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LordKay, got that guage cover installed yet?
Just got it in today.

You must be registered for see images attach

It comes with a power inverter and an on/off dimmer switch. It will work with the stock dimmer, so I cut out the dimmer all together (pictured below)

I don't have a soldering iron so I used a couple of butt connectors.

After a lot of taking the cluster apart and reassembling it, I wore out the connector and ultimately cause it to short. So I advise you to be careful with that.

I remove the original black face when I installed the glow gauges the first time. I think it makes it look cleaner. But removing the black also get rid of the tint in the lights because the glow gauges come with completely clear plastic.

You can do one of two things to fix this. First option, cut the colored sections out of the black face and adhere them to the back of the white one. I originally did this, but this time around, I'm going with option two, which is to replace the regular bulbs in the back of the cluster with colored leds.

Back to the install, you want to try to get the face on without removing the needles. Slide the tach and speedo needles in first, then work the rest in one at a time.

After its on, just put the black piece with the glass back on and screw it down. Since the face has its own lights, I removed all the large lights out of the back besides the gear indicator.

Next I wired the black and green wires from the transistor to the gear indicator light on the back of the cluster.

Now just to put the cluster in and wait till night. I'll post some pictures tonight of it lit up.