Radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QJones11

Reaction score
I’m looking to replace my radiator in my 89 c1500, It has a 350 tbi. Looking at rockauto and I’m having trouble picking the best option. Need help

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has your current radiator performed OK in the past ? If so replace with same not giving much info.about history or options for replacement or even why replacement is necessary

QJones11

Reaction score
Has your current radiator performed OK in the past ? If so replace with same not giving much info.about history or options for replacement or even why replacement is necessary
It has a leak and I’m redoing my whole cooling system. I’m new to this, was wondering if I could use any year radiator from 1988 to 1997?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Technically you probably could, the radiator companies have standardized a lot so they aren't carrying multiple part numbers in the warehouse for various options that each vehicle had. But to be safe, order one from the correct year at least. However, you can upgrade to a 454 radiator if you feel like you want added capacity. You will just need to make sure its a small-neck filler, not a 3500HD with the taller filler. You'll also need a 454 radiator shroud if you do this.

And just go with a quality OEM replacement with the plastic sides... some people get all aluminum welded ones but those have questionable quality if you don't know who makes them. I haven't heard many bad reviews from Doorman brand replacements and I have one in my 93 K1500 without any problems in 5+ years I've had it in there.