Pro Flo 4 Edelbrock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section.

On my 89 chevy (TBI 350, NV3500, RWD) I am swapping in a sbc 400 with Edelbrock’s pro flo 4 port efi system.

I think I can get away with entirely unplugging and removing the oem PCM. Because mine is a manual trans truck, all it is doing is engine management. Going thru the OEM wiring diagrams and comparing it to Edelbrock’s new wiring, The only outputs that the oem PCM has that Edelbrock’s doesn’t is my Speedometer and HVAC controls. Is there a workaround for making these continue to work? I want to keep the oem gauges/ controls. Is it even worth bothering to remove the oem PCM? Would it be simpler to leave it in, and let it be in limbo and only use 2 of its outputs? Or would that cause problems? If I left it in, I would more or less depin everything (to clean up wiring) except for the few things I need.

Hopefully my question makes sense. I think anyone who has done a standalone ECM would be able to help, not necessarily just the pro flo.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only outputs that the oem PCM has that Edelbrock’s doesn’t is my Speedometer and HVAC controls. Is there a workaround for making these continue to work?
It seems to me, you don't need either of them. The speedometer is fed directly from the VSSB behind the dash which also feeds the ECM. The Control Panel sends a signal to the ECM when the A/C comes on so it can adjust the idle but the A/C doesn't need anything from the ECM to work. At least that's how it works in my 88. YMMV