Power steering line leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd expect the hose to be an exact-fit.

If it's not...it's not the right hose. Mis-boxed, wrong model year, or maybe intended for an optional engine.

I just passed-up an "opportunity" to shove a new PS pressure hose onto a 2006 Buick Terraza. The poor thing is just gushing PS fluid--I think I could empty the reservoir in thirty seconds if I held the steering at full lock. As is, she's doing a lot of highway driving (lower ps pressure 'cause the turns are all gentle) so she only has to refill the reservoir about every three days.
I gave the guy my vehicle information, 95 k1500, 5.7 tbi 350 without hydraboost. Just a regular brake booster. And he gave me the part number in the photo with the exact hose I receive in the photos.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave the guy my vehicle information, 95 k1500, 5.7 tbi 350 without hydraboost. Just a regular brake booster. And he gave me the part number in the photo with the exact hose I receive in the photos.
You got the wrong part friend. You should’ve gotten this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave the guy my vehicle information
Who’s the guy, the jobber at a local parts store? My buddy is a mechanic, just the other day I called him and he was in parts store for over an hour trying to get a ‘66 T-Bird sending unit and sock. They had zero options, nothing. He called me later and in 5 minutes I gave him 4 options. Not the first time that’s happened either, not saying I don’t use local parts stores, but I always know what I want before I go there and verified it’s the part I need.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a time when local parts stores had knowledgeable, caring "countermen".

Pay went down with the rise of the big-chain parts stores, the old guys got cancer and cirrhosis from too many cigarettes and too much booze. Now the parts counters are staffed with guys who can look things up on a computer, and you need make, model, year, month, engine option, brake option, trim options, carpet color, and/or the VIN number before they can walk to the back of the store and pick your part...if the computer shows stock. Otherwise it gets ordered, and maybe they nick you for freight charges, too.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a time when local parts stores had knowledgeable, caring "countermen".

Pay went down with the rise of the big-chain parts stores, the old guys got cancer and cirrhosis from too many cigarettes and too much booze. Now the parts counters are staffed with guys who can look things up on a computer, and you need make, model, year, month, engine option, brake option, trim options, carpet color, and/or the VIN number before they can walk to the back of the store and pick your part...if the computer shows stock. Otherwise it gets ordered, and maybe they nick you for freight charges, too.
You forgot 2wd or 4wd.

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so since I've replaced my power steering lines. I've been monitoring for any issues. Leaks, noises ect. I got zero Leaks so far. However when I turn left, you can hear what sounds like the pump activating and pushing fluid. Now I never notice it before. But does that sound normal?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so since I've replaced my power steering lines. I've been monitoring for any issues. Leaks, noises ect. I got zero Leaks so far. However when I turn left, you can hear what sounds like the pump activating and pushing fluid. Now I never notice it before. But does that sound normal?
No. Did you follow any procedure to remove any air…is it low on fluid?