Power steering line leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have a line leaking. And I was wondering would it be OK to drive until my replacement line comes in the mail. I have to wait till August 28th for it to arrive. I'm having to top off fluid every other day. I'm probably going through about a quart in a week or so. I've heard that it can suck air in. And damage the pump. So I'm just looking for a more definite answer as if it's OK to drive or not.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much do you care about the truck/the truck's ps pump?

From the way you word it, I don't think you want to burn up the pump, so if I were you, I'd just wait unless this is your only vehicle to school/work/etc...Otherwise, I'd keep doing what you're doing right now.

Kylebg94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with sunsong, I have both on the way. I noticed the return line didn't come with the metal fitting for the end that goes into the pump. I'm assuming that is made into the pump from what it looks like. But since I haven't gotten into to see. I can't say for sure. Does anyone else with prior experience recall on a 95 chevy k1500. The fitting being made with the pump?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a line leaking. And I was wondering would it be OK to drive until my replacement line comes in the mail. I have to wait till August 28th for it to arrive. I'm having to top off fluid every other day. I'm probably going through about a quart in a week or so. I've heard that it can suck air in. And damage the pump. So I'm just looking for a more definite answer as if it's OK to drive or not.
I noticed mine leaking last Wednesday. I ordered it that day from RockAuto, arrived Friday morning and installed that day. Did both high and low pressure hoses and used Sunsong. I then sprayed the whole area down with an engine degreaser and hosed clean. :D Just cut the return line and pull the remains off the metal pipe that goes into pump. All the return lines come that way.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed the return line didn't come with the metal fitting for the end that goes into the pump. I'm assuming that is made into the pump from what it looks like. But since I haven't gotten into to see. I can't say for sure. Does anyone else with prior experience recall on a 95 chevy k1500. The fitting being made with the pump?
Pretty sure my 93's reman pump came with that already .. You could look at some replacement pumps for your truck and see what they look like...