no radio ugh!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poser

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know on my radio (it was the 2 peice one with the five band E.Q.) there was some sort of "Radio control unit" under the dash (above the driver's pedal. Silver, I think). When I ran my wires into that, nothing worked. So I followed the wires from the speakers back to the source, and it was that stupid box.

Solution: Run new wires for each speaker. I don't know if all the trucks have that stupid radio control unit thing or if it is just me or maybe I'm just stupid and I'm thinking of a different car.

Also, run new wires for the power and switch and all that.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know on my radio (it was the 2 peice one with the five band E.Q.) there was some sort of "Radio control unit" under the dash (above the driver's pedal. Silver, I think). When I ran my wires into that, nothing worked. So I followed the wires from the speakers back to the source, and it was that stupid box.

Solution: Run new wires for each speaker. I don't know if all the trucks have that stupid radio control unit thing or if it is just me or maybe I'm just stupid and I'm thinking of a different car.

Also, run new wires for the power and switch and all that.

Yes, all of the 88 -94 trucks had the box your reffering too. That box is the brain for the head unit, and equalizer. Doesn't matter if you have an equalizer or not, the brain box is still needed for the stock head unit. Run your power wires directly to a power source (ie. Fuse block), and run new wires to ALL of your speakers, its deffinatly worth it IMO