Cb radio antennas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cherryred98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Also, this is my over head setup with my little Royce 600 23 channel, I need to get a mount for my mic, it got left in my old truck when I sold it because I glued it to the dash

Cherryred98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with the magnetic one yet, but in some sort of emergency situation where I’m running 100+mph, I think the magnetic mounts would give up. I’d rather have a solid mount
Yeah I used to use a mag mount on top of the roof, it got caught on a tree branch and got ripped off while I was on a trail, broke the cable, so I twisted it back together and electrical taped it lol. Didn’t work too well after l, I was only able to get out like 20 feet, I would recommend a spring for solid mounts ( screws between the antenna and the mount) so that way stuff like that is less likely to happen, but in your case. It sounds like it’s not needed as the antennas would probably want to bend back at the spring, giving you less range when going fast like that

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
Biggest thing about getting a cb to work good is taking it to a good radio shop and have it tuned. Use to have them near all big truck stops.

If you want to run dual whips I would only hook up one, use the other for looks. That’s what a radio shop will suggest.

My father drove in the early 90s and had a real nice cobra 25 and a good mic. Back before cell phones where normal and real men drove trucks. Drove a real cool white and orange Pete car hauler then later on a red and gold Pete car hauler. I Spent many nights in truck stop parking lots, fun times.

Last edited:

JohnZ71

Z71 Tahoe Enjoyer
Reaction score
Being in NC I’d expect to find a CB shop on every corner, but the closest one pops up nearly two hours away.

I’m sure there’s some oldtimers around here that can tune my radio whenever I get it setup, but I don’t know any anymore. I plan on setting it up and seeing who is out there on the waves willing to help tune it.

Years ago when I was heavy into CB, there was a ton of people that had base stations and would talk all throughout the day and night. Bunch of good ol’ guys.

Cherryred98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend has a swr meter, I’ve always used that and it does its job for tuning. You are totally right on only having one hooked up as for Cophase to work right they have to be 9 feet apart. Out of curiosity, How bad would it hurt my range if I did hook them both up? I had them both hooked up with a T on my s10 (mounted in the bed behind the cab) and I got out a good 4 miles in town. I know that isn’t anything to brag about but imo it wasn’t bad

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
Hmmm not sure, when I had twins, i only had one hooked up. Then I went to a single 3ft fire stick behind the cab, in the middle of the rear window. Radio stayed off most of the time.

Cherryred98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my 25 ft cophase cable came in the mail today. I have the carpet peeled back and I’m trying to find that plug for the hole where a clutch cable usually goes? I might just be blind but I’m not seeing it. I see where the e brake cable goes and the shift linkage

Cherryred98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: never mind I ran through the passenger side where the vaccum line and my sub power wire runs, just below the coolant reservoir. I pulled the A pillar trim off and ran the cables down the inside of the A pillar trim and in between the dash and the kick panel trim. Absolutely seamless

On another note why isn’t there a thread on just cb stuff on this forum? Like setups and gear n stuff?

Last edited: