no radio ugh!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I have the factory radio and probably speakers. The truck must of had a sound system in it at some point cause we pulled out a amp and some other box. Well I have had no sound since I bought it and am wanting some music to cruise too. I'm buying a cd player and 4 speakers. Why do you think there is no sound at all?

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
even if there blown, you should still here something!!! you might have a truck that someone ran through and cluster fvcked all speakers and wires and know you have to wire it back the rite way!!!

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
if that is the case then just run all new wires. i know it is a pain but the sound quality is better if you bypass that amp thing. also if yours doesn't have one then it will definitely solve the problem.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree just rewire the whole truck. While you're at it wire in your own amplifier and don't run off of the Head Unit. Better sound quality that way.

BTW did they even have a bose option on the GMT-400 trucks? I know the NBS trucks did but I've never heard of a bose GMT-400.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For sure! Rewire the speakers, with some QUALITY speaker wire. The sound isn't even comparable between the factory garbage wire to some new quality wire. And if your buying a new Head Unit, wire it in as if there was no original radio at all. In most set ups Red=Swithched 12+ Yellow=Constant 12+, then whatever your book says for the speakers. Piece of cake :cheers: