New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More tools!

So I recently started working at a shop that mostly does diesel(which I've been wanting to learn for a LONG time).

Anyways, I found out that my favorite tool guy - Mac has this on his route. So I bought two ratchets, a new pocket screwdriver and got my other ratchet repaired.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you look hard enough you will see a mixture of Mac and Snap On ratchets of all sizes and lengths and style of head. I have been a big big fan of Mac tools for many many years. You can't go wrong with their tools.
I have some Mac tools but we don't have a dealer around here so it is really tough to justify purchasing them.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have some Mac tools but we don't have a dealer around here so it is really tough to justify purchasing them.
I always look at ebay and then negotiate and ask for a military discount, for Mac, Snap On, SK, Matco tools.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I built some cribbing the other day.

Btw, tractors aren’t the easiest to get up on jack stands, wasn’t for me anyway :shrug:
Is there a shield between the muffler and the alternator? If not, there should be.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
No but there’s a shield between the alternator and lower radiator hose.
I guess that's for if the hose pops while you're out in the field...it might not short out the alternator? But yeah, seems like a shield is needed between the alternator and muffler.
I have seen boxes like that before, but didn't know what they are called. So thanks for that enlightenment!

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Orion A/C gauges and Robinair 15500 vacuum pump (2-stage, 5cfm) - hope they don't suck, and optimistic I can become proficient with A/C work.. something I aspired to more than half a lifetime ago, but plans changed. This entire time I've farmed out A/C work on every vehicle, but my go-to on that has disappeared, so I'm gonna venture forth into it myself. Wish me luck, and prepare for tons of questions (hopefully, not tons, as I read through factory manuals and such, first.)

Richard

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Orion A/C gauges and Robinair 15500 vacuum pump (2-stage, 5cfm) - hope they don't suck, and optimistic I can become proficient with A/C work.. something I aspired to more than half a lifetime ago, but plans changed. This entire time I've farmed out A/C work on every vehicle, but my go-to on that has disappeared, so I'm gonna venture forth into it myself. Wish me luck, and prepare for tons of questions (hopefully, not tons, as I read through factory manuals and such, first.)

Richard
I was honestly looking at the exact kit local to me on marketplace, local shops won't do anything for less than $200 and even then they don't want to do anything more than a recharge.