New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t deal with much rust, still some on older stuff but I’ve maintained a 98% success rate with a map/pro torch followed by an application of marvel mystery oil.

That being said, I’d love to have one of those induction heaters, definitely a safer option.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Major Hochstettor might’ve employed one of them himself.
You must be registered for see images attach

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Christmas came early! Had a refund that came on a card with no easy option to get cash from so it went to this. Credit to Schurkey for the referral. Looks and feels nice. Can't wait to use it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Christmas came early! Had a refund that came on a card with no easy option to get cash from so it went to this. Credit to Schurkey for the referral. Looks and feels nice. Can't wait to use it.
You're gonna love it...but...did you tell them to give you a 14mm plug-hole adapter instead of their usual 18mm? Aircraft engines use 18mm spark plugs, like some old Chryslers and Fords. Most automotive spark plugs are 14mm, although a lot are even smaller--like motorcycles, they've gone to 12mm and 10mm spark plugs.

All those adapters are available, but there's an extra cost. Once upon a time, I took an old motorcycle spark plug (12mm) broke the porcelain out of it, and then threaded the shell for 1/4 pipe thread so I could screw a compressed-air coupler plug into it. Made my own motorcycle adapter. Should have started with a Champion spark plug, they have the most-brittle porcelains in the industry when I quit buying them thirty-something years ago. As is, the ND or NGK plug I was breaking the porcelain out-of fought me all the way.

The "Master Orifice" allows too much leakage for performance automotive use. I look at what the Master Orifice allows, then cut that by a third or half and use the smaller amount as my limit. Someday I'll make a smaller, more-restrictive Master Orifice, but it's not high on my list of priorities.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
You're gonna love it...but...did you tell them to give you a 14mm plug-hole adapter instead of their usual 18mm? Aircraft engines use 18mm spark plugs, like some old Chryslers and Fords. Most automotive spark plugs are 14mm, although a lot are even smaller--like motorcycles, they've gone to 12mm and 10mm spark plugs.

All those adapters are available, but there's an extra cost. Once upon a time, I took an old motorcycle spark plug (12mm) broke the porcelain out of it, and then threaded the shell for 1/4 pipe thread so I could screw a compressed-air coupler plug into it. Made my own motorcycle adapter. Should have started with a Champion spark plug, they have the most-brittle porcelains in the industry when I quit buying them thirty-something years ago. As is, the ND or NGK plug I was breaking the porcelain out-of fought me all the way.

The "Master Orifice" allows too much leakage for performance automotive use. I look at what the Master Orifice allows, then cut that by a third or half and use the smaller amount as my limit. Someday I'll make a smaller, more-restrictive Master Orifice, but it's not high on my list of priorities.
I ordered the 14mm extra since I intend to use the 18mm on the 1955 tractor I got here. It needs some valve seals and probably rings/sleeves, in addition to other rehab.