Need Help With '95 K1500 5.7L TBI Electrical

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sntrym

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there is a fusible link in the wire that comes off the battery to the fuse block, just about 6 or 8 inches from the battery before the cable runs across the fan shroud. To test, run an 8 gauge wire from the battery to the fuse block and see if you get power. If so, the fusible link is bad and you need to replace it or the entire wire.

Mainegirl1980

Reaction score
Well I finally got some time to check the cable going from the battery to the fuse box. I guess it's time for an upgrade. I'll order a new 4 gauge 8' cable and adapters for my side post battery. I have my battery on the charger since it's been a couple weeks. I just hope this will fix the issue.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Mainegirl1980

Reaction score
Well I got a donor cable for a test from my boyfriend and the damn thing fired up first try. So first thing I did was move my truck out of the charter boats way if he needed to go fish. My father is a retired electrician/electrical engineer and he is sending me a custom cable to get her going again. I opened the entire cable and the corrosion went pretty far. There are only a few things left on that truck that are original. Just happy to have the problem solved. Thank you everyone!!!