Mystery electronic box and solenoids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
I took the 2 red wires it was in between and put them back together so it works now after I removed the system. Could I install a hidden kill switch on the same wire?
Answer is "probably" but would also not be a very effective place for it. Thieves already know to look under the dash to rip out the alarm, they will find the kill switch connection immediately.

Not to dissuade you from taking measures to keep your truck yours, but you'll want to do something that is harder for them to find.

Richard

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took the 2 red wires it was in between and put them back together so it works now after I removed the system. Could I install a hidden kill switch on the same wire?
Rip that stuff out, put it back together, should be fairly straightforward matching the wires back up.
Look up "latching relay" and pick either a super hidden spot for the button, or wire it into a button you don't plan on using, say something like the dome button.

Sam454

Reaction score
Rip that stuff out, put it back together, should be fairly straightforward matching the wires back up.
Look up "latching relay" and pick either a super hidden spot for the button, or wire it into a button you don't plan on using, say something like the dome button.
I’m going to put the switch in the hole under the steering wheel where the shift cables go