My second 89 Shortbox project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So close, but yet so far!!!
Can't wait for you to tell us how awesome it is out on the road!
Aint that the truth ....seems like forever . Yes looking forward to breaking in the rear gears . Then maybe after awhile a few celebratory burnouts to see what shes got after all this time. So far I can tell you it starts right up usually even with the 283 duration cam. I yard drove it again today and heard a tap up front. I think I have some interference due to the lowering and the front brake backplate . Will have to trim it I believe . I also had to replace the passenger side inner and outer tie rods as the outer was absolutely shot. The drivers side is fine. They are never ever really done are they lol......whatcha got going on with yours in the near future ?

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First bath ever ....did a driveway alignment yesterday with string and jackstands....was way off toe out . I guess being a maintenance truck no one cared lol ...Got hit with some unexpected bills so I will get her insured and titled next month :(
Bummer on the unexpected bills... I hate those things!

Looks awesome John!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
whatcha got going on with yours in the near future ?
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the fixin's to try and mud and paint my tailgate and the handle relocator project.
A couple new eraser wheels to get rid of the remaining pinstripes.
Some 2k sandpaper to try and get rid of the silver paint under those pinstripes.
Maybe on the upcoming long weekend try and get a sub box built and installed.

But just enjoying being able to get it out on the weekend whenever I want. That's enough of a win for this year, anything else is gravy.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the fixin's to try and mud and paint my tailgate and the handle relocator project.
A couple new eraser wheels to get rid of the remaining pinstripes.
Some 2k sandpaper to try and get rid of the silver paint under those pinstripes.
Maybe on the upcoming long weekend try and get a sub box built and installed.

But just enjoying being able to get it out on the weekend whenever I want. That's enough of a win for this year, anything else is gravy.
Awesome ... will be staying tuned to your build.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tx I am done now lol.....it was just too MONO gray looking for me and needed to be broken up . The 1/8 " orange pinstripe subtley adds a little to the eye also and matches the Chevrolet Orange grill emblem. A poor mans SS stripe lol. 1/8" pinstripe was $9 and the Carbon sheet $24. The carbon sheet you have to cut in half carefully. I have never wrapped in my life so it was a learning experience and you have to carefully use the heat gun on stubborn wrinkles or bubbles that wont squeegee out. Also you can scratch wrap with the squeegee so you have to be careful there too. NO I will not be doing the roof lol....quit while your ahead . The question is will it bubble and peel off on one of our 100 degree days or stay put. Anybody here have extreme southern climate wrap experience ?

Last edited: