My Crimson Cruiser - 1996 GMC 1500 Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sharp looking OBS! I fell in love with them when I was in high school "way back" in the 90s! IMHO, they truly are iconic style and function of automobiles!

As for your sloppy steering, there is a way to loosen the nut on the top of your steering box, tighten the Allen in the center, and then re-tighten the locking nut. This is supposed to give you a little adjustment, but isnt a perfect fix. Be careful not to over tighten the Allen, or the steering wont come back to center as smoothly as its supposed to. Search it up on YT to make sure I'm not lying to you.
Sorry all, I hopped on this thread and somehow thought that this was the most recent post. looks like a new steering box used... oh well, maybe someone could use the post about tightening up the stock steering box.

aldang25879

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry all, I hopped on this thread and somehow thought that this was the most recent post. looks like a new steering box used... oh well, maybe someone could use the post about tightening up the stock steering box.
All good brother, my dad’s done that on a couple trucks and he suggested I try it first. But with this becoming a mild-full on restoration I want to do it all the right way. Not a daily driver by any means so I don’t have to deal with any of the quick fixes thankfully.