My 97 GMC 04+ ford super dana 60 sas experiment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rd_Will

Reaction score
I know I resurrecting an old thread but I'm about to go down the same road. Just bought a 98 k2500 with the 454, 4l80e, 14ff. I also picked up the front 05+ Superduty axle and plan on making this a great rock crawler. I'm planning to four link the front and rear, hopefully double trianglated (at least the rear for sure), chop the frame and bring the tires nearly all the way to the back of the cab. Right now I'm hoping/planning on 42's, 5.30am gears and still up in the air about the tcase. Also planning to do coilovers with minimal up travel and tons of long travel. I figure it'll be cheaper than trying to get all that on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler 4 door. Then I'll sell the Jeep once I finish this.
I'm on the gathering stage right now. It's going to be a long project for me because I work a lot of hours. Since this last post was 6 years a go, I'm hoping you've had success and maybe some do's and don'ts from your experience.

Attachments

• 20240831_100859~2.jpg
    20240831_100859~2.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 6

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I know I resurrecting an old thread but I'm about to go down the same road. Just bought a 98 k2500 with the 454, 4l80e, 14ff. I also picked up the front 05+ Superduty axle and plan on making this a great rock crawler. I'm planning to four link the front and rear, hopefully double trianglated (at least the rear for sure), chop the frame and bring the tires nearly all the way to the back of the cab. Right now I'm hoping/planning on 42's, 5.30am gears and still up in the air about the tcase. Also planning to do coilovers with minimal up travel and tons of long travel. I figure it'll be cheaper than trying to get all that on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler 4 door. Then I'll sell the Jeep once I finish this.
I'm on the gathering stage right now. It's going to be a long project for me because I work a lot of hours. Since this last post was 6 years a go, I'm hoping you've had success and maybe some do's and don'ts from your experience.
Unfortunately I had to the put the truck back to stock because I was in need of a daily driver. Would love to see someone see it through.

There’s a few companies now that makes a slip on drill guide for drilling the super duty hubs so that’s a plus.

Do your math on the 4 link, the spacing on the factory super duty radius arm mounts weren’t super ideal for the frame if I remember and as you know they are cast onto that axle so no changing them.

I hope one day soon to resurrect the build, currently working on my new daily driver before I can start chopping haha.