SAS questions dana 44 shallow hubs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was thinking 6 inch lift. Seeing how much work it is to get a good solid axle under the truck that would fit my wheels... I'm honestly considering the ifs lift as it would be so much cheaper from what I can tell.

Ifs lift about 1400$ canadian.
Solid axle seemingly over 2500$

But I still think the truck is destined to be solid axle eventually it might just be waiting for the right parts to show up on marketplace. Thanks for the help and info tho, really appreciated!
If you end up going solid axle, check these guys out. https://www.tmrcustoms.com/collections/link-suspension-kits

Attachments

• IMG_2759.JPG
    IMG_2759.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 4

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC, and IFS hub is larger than a Dana 44 small bearing hub. I don't recommend using the unit bearings. They aren't as strong, "locked" in all the time, tho might not be an issue with a just offroad truck. But, you would need the Ford axle, Dodge knuckles and hubs. And just realized that it's either 5 or 8 lug. Not gonna be able to run 6 lug GM hubs. Going with 6 lug on a Ford axle isn't difficult, but need a flat top pass knuckle for steering. They only used on GM axles for barely a handful of years in the 70s. Jeep used em too, but seems jeeps are even more rare in yards than GM stuff.

DFINEfab

Reaction score
IIRC, and IFS hub is larger than a Dana 44 small bearing hub. I don't recommend using the unit bearings. They aren't as strong, "locked" in all the time, tho might not be an issue with a just offroad truck. But, you would need the Ford axle, Dodge knuckles and hubs. And just realized that it's either 5 or 8 lug. Not gonna be able to run 6 lug GM hubs. Going with 6 lug on a Ford axle isn't difficult, but need a flat top pass knuckle for steering. They only used on GM axles for barely a handful of years in the 70s. Jeep used em too, but seems jeeps are even more rare in yards than GM stuff.
I'm going to read threw that page in depth and try to wrap my head around the whole system. I really appreciate the help with this. Haha I know I'm being stubborn

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn’t do a solid axle swap personally. Just buy a BDS 6” lift
I've seen a bunch of bds lifts and like them. Seen some nice sas also. If I was sas ING a truck I would be using a 14 full float in the back and an 10 bolt, Dana 44 or 60 with 8 bolt wheels. Depends how hard i was going to beat on it. I would buy wheels like that in 8 lug and sell the 6 lug