My 95 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if it's just an issue with my truck or not but on my '98 when I put my esky cluster it it's now off by about 10 mph as it appears to still read as if it's still got the 100 mph speed in there :shrug:

The black paint turned out nicely :waytogo: I'm assuming you used some adhesion promoter before applying the paint?

That's why I'm hesitant on putting mine in. And yes I did theres a lot I want to do this truck I've been searching the forum at other builds.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some mods I plan to do are:
4 corner light mod for sure.
Better center console possibly from a early GMT800.
A little lift and some wheels and tires.
New head lights and tail lights.
Possibly tow mirrors if/when I lift it.
New dash out of another 95-96 mine has a crack in it and bugs me.

There's not really a whole lot of other things I want to do or seen that I've liked. I like all my chrome and not really big into all the trim being black and all I'm happy with my oem 1995 look and that says a lot about me since I'm 19 and happy with the factory stock looks lol but would like to do some updates and stuff here and there and this is a couple things I can think of off the top of my head. Has anyone ever put in a aftermarket chip in there trucks ecm? If so, did you like it? what brand? Advantages over stock ecm chip?

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided to wax it this evening and clean it up some. Haven't had my Tahoe to pamper my fiancé has been driving it since I went in the hospital guess its more comfy than her mitsu idk I think it is lol but i'm a Chevy man no mitsu man or really any import for that matter. But anyway I've really taken a liking to this Silverado over the past few weeks and I liked this body style but just didn't consider owning one a few years ago when I was 15/ 16 years old I liked the 80s and I will have me another squarebody but I'll prob wind up having a collection of the old Chevy's and GMC's lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2896.jpg
    IMG_2896.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2897.jpg
    IMG_2897.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 19

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking about updating my Z71 decals anyone have any opinions on what would look good? I've seen the 07+ Z71 decals some with just Z71 and then some with Z71 and 4x4 under it not sure what would look best. Opinions and ideas welcomed :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I personally like the no decal look myself :)

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally like the no decal look myself :)

I like the no decal look as well but I love the Z71 decals not sure why but they must stay even if they don't get updated :). What do you think of my mod/to-do list?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like it other than the tow mirrors. IMO to properly pull tow mirrors on a 1/2 ton you need a pretty good lift. I guess I've never really bought into the tow mirror craze. Everything else looks good to me though :)

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it other than the tow mirrors. IMO to properly pull tow mirrors on a 1/2 ton you need a pretty good lift. I guess I've never really bought into the tow mirror craze. Everything else looks good to me though :)

Yeah I agree with the tow mirror I like them with a lift we'll have to see maybe I'll lift it up one day still undecided. I've seen a couple lifted and I like the look just not sure.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm kinda waffling on going up or staying at stock height myself. One day I want to go up a couple inches all the way around and one day I like where I'm at :(

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scored this console out of a Yukon today for 20 bucks and it even has the console lid keys to lock it :)

Attachments

• IMG_2902.jpg
    IMG_2902.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 19